IRS ITIN Certified Acceptance Agent
IRS ITIN Certified Acceptance Agent
An ITIN Certifying Acceptance Agent is a person or an entity (business or organization) who, pursuant to a written agreement with the IRS, is authorized to assist individuals and other foreign persons who do not qualify for a Social Security Number but who still need a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to file a Form 1040.
An Individual requiring an ITIN is a:
- Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return
- S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
- Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
- Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
- Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
- Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
Individuals requiring an ITIN may apply via Form W-7 through a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) a service provide by Alderwish CPA PLLC, an Acceptance Agent (AA).or in person by going to visiting designated Taxpayer Assistance Centers
- We are authorized to assist individuals and other foreign persons that need a TIN and has a written agreement with the IRS for this purpose.
- Facilitates the application process by reviewing the necessary documents, authenticating the identity of the applicants and forwarding the completed forms to IRS.
- Returns the documentation immediately to the individual after reviewing its authenticity. Meaning, the CAA will save an Individual from mailing original documents to the IRS.
- We are authorized to receive the IRS ITIN number on behalf of the ITIN applicant.
- We may receive applications for an ITIN from Individuals residing outside of the U.S.
- We may review and verify original documentation or a certified copy from the issuing agency through face-to-face or video electronic interview (ZOOM).
- May authenticate passports and birth certificates for dependents. A CAA submits Form W-7 together with Form W-7(COA) Certificate of Accuracy for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (this form is only used by IRS Certified Acceptance Agents when submitting Form W-7)
- Needs to submit original all the original documentation or certified copies of the documentation from the issuing agency to the IRS for all Individual applicants. Individuals must wait for the IRS to return the original documents. IRS states that the original documents are mailed within 60 days of receipt and processing of Form W-7.
- Primary, secondary, and dependent persons may submit W-7 applications in person with original documents at a designated IRS TAC. The Designated TACs will certify only original and copies certified by the issuing agency passports and National ID cards.
With our IRS CAA service, Applicants can safeguard their original documents
Alderwish CPA CAA’s we are able to review an applicant’s original documents, verify their authenticity and mail the copies of the authenticated originals to the IRS in lieu of submitting the original documents. Saving an Individual from mailing original documents to the IRS and having it get lost or misplaced.
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (313) 581-8220 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
What our Clients are saying
Mr. Alderwish is amazing! I had very complicated taxes this year because of multiple states, personal and corporation filings – Mr. Alderwish went way beyond the extra mile in calling the state revenue departments in two states to verify my tax liability – as a result he was able to increase my tax refund from one of these states by over $3,000!! I highly recommend Mr. Alderwish to any and all – he is the best accountant with whom I have ever had the pleasure to work.Douglas R.
Ngeeb Alderwish provides outstanding accounting services. His relationship with his clients is transparent and honest, definitely making my filing process so much smoother. I would highly recommend his knowledge and skills to anyone looking for a CPA.G Alkhalidi